taurine in the news
Diet supplements: an unnecessary addition?
The GW Hatchet - Oct 08 10:36 PM"Lose 20 pounds in three weeks." "Drop weight while you sleep." And now, add a "Slim Down Booster" to your smoothie to give your mind and body a boost. Weight loss advertisements are everywhere. Promises of rapid weight loss with minimal effort entice buyers desperate to change their bodies.
[AandE] Spark the 24/7 Bull rush
The Minnesota Daily - Oct 05 6:15 AMHipsters have a lot on their plate. Busy from all the news coverage and bike rides, yoga lessons and hair appointments, these urbanites need a lift. Red Bull cans never have been so stylish.
Drink called "Cocaine" infuriates New York mayor
Reuters via Yahoo! News - Oct 03 5:26 PM A canned energy drink called "Cocaine" being sold in New York grocery stores has infuriated the city's mayor who says its brand name celebrates the use of a dangerous drug.
WOAI - Oct 04 11:18 AMWith names like Full Throttle, Khaos, Adrenaline Rush and Rock Star, one might expect a rush from an energy drink. It's no surprise that popular energy drinks pack a lot of caffeine. However, they may contain more than people realize and it's not just the caffeine.
- taurine effects
||1.734 g/cm³ tuarine (@ -173.15 °C)
|Disclaimer and references
Taurine (Latin taruine taurus = bull, as it was first isolated from ox (Bos taurus) bile in 1827 by German taurime scientists Friedrich Tiedemann and Leopold Gmelin) or 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid is an acidic chemical taurine substance found in high abundance in the tissues of taurine effects many animals (metazoa), especially sea animals. Taurine is also found in plants, fungi, and some bacterial species, what is taurine but in far less abundance. Although it benefits of taurine is often called an amino acid, even definition for taurine in scientific literature, it lacks a taurine hair loss carboxyl group and therefore does not qualify as an amino taurine side effects acid. It does contain a sulfonate group and may be called an amino sulfonic acid. Small taurine what is it polypeptides have been identified which contain taurine but where does taurine come from to date no tRNA synthetase has been identified as specifically recognizing taurine diet taurine and capable of charging it to a tRNA. 
- 1 Biosynthesis
- 2 Physiological taurine and bipolar roles
- 3 Taurine felovite taurine older cat and animals
- 4 Taurine levels in vegans
- 5 Commercial taurine depression uses for taurine
- 6 References
- 7 External taurine surgery dosage links
The major pathway for mammalian taurine synthesis occurs in the liver sources of taurine via the cysteine sulfinic acid pathway. In this pathway, the sulfhydryl group of taurine cat health cysteine is first oxidized to cysteine sulfinic acid by taurine content the enzyme cysteine dioxygenase. Cysteine sulfinic acid, in turn, is decarboxylated by cysteine sulfinic taurine kidney acid decarboxylase to form hypotaurine. It is unclear whether hypotaurine is dental care products stop smoking taurine tea triadhealth then spontaneously or enzymatically oxidized to yield taurine.
Taurine is conjugated via effects of taurine its amino terminal group with the bile taurine crf cats acids chenodeoxycholic acid and cholic acid to form the bile salts sodium taurochenodeoxycholate taurine toxic and sodium taurocholate (see bile). The low definition of taurine pKa (1.5) of taurine's sulfonic acid group ensures that this moiety is negatively charged in is there taurine in your dogs food the pH ranges normally found in the methyl taurine synthesis intestinal tract and thus improves the surfactant properties of the cholic acid conjugate.
Taurine has also taurine alpha-ketoglutarate been implicated in a wide array of other physiological phenomena including inhibitory neurotransmission, long-term potentiation in the taurine cat health defiency striatum/hippocampus, membrane stabilization, feedback inhibition of neutrophil/macrophage respiratory bursts, adipose tissue regulation, and taurine dangers calcium homeostasis. The evidence for these claims, when compared against that taurine headache reported for taurine's role in bile acid synthesis taurine kidney function and osmoregulation, is relatively poor.
Prematurely-born infants who lack the enzymes needed to convert cystathionine to taurine migraine cysteine may become deficient in taurine. Thus, taurine molecule taurine is a dietary essential nutrient in these individuals and is often added to energie drink taurine many infant formulas as a measure of prudence. There energy drink taurine is also evidence that taurine in adult humans reduces blood pressure.
Many therapeutic applications of info on taurine and high blood pressure taurine have been investigated. Some conditions that taurine might be useful in treating l-carnitine taurine include: cardiovascular diseases, hypercholesterolemia, epilepsy and other seizure taurine analysis disorders, macular degeneration, Alzheimer's disease, hepatic disorders, alcoholism, and cystic fibrosis. Recent studies show that taurine supplements taken taurine capsules by mice on a high-fat diet reduced their overall weight. Studies taurine cats 250mg crf have yet to be done on taurine for neurological problems the effect of taurine on obesity in humans.
Taurine can taurine heart cure nervous tics / twitches around one's eyes and help the taurine hypertension eyes temporarily focus, which was long thought to be incurable.
Taurine and animals
Taurine is taurine reactions essential for cat health, as they cannot synthesize the compound. The absence of taurine causes the cat's retina taurine red bull to slowly degenerate, causing eye problems and taurine sources (eventually) irreversible blindness. This condition is called central taurine synthesis synthetic retinal degeneration (CRD).  
Taurine levels in vegans
Taurine levels were tried gaba glycine taurine found to be significantly lower in vegans (staff members of a.d.h.d. taurine a Seventh Day Adventist college) than in a control group on a standard American diet. Plasma taurine was 78% of adverse reactions to taurine control values, and urinary taurine dehydration because taurine only 29%.
Commercial uses for taurine
In recent years, taurine has become a common ingredient foods that contain taurine in energy drinks such as Red Bull. Taurine harmful taurine ginseng is also often used in combination with bodybuilding supplements such as creatine and anabolic info on taurine and heart steroids, but there is no evidence to prevalence taurine deficiency suggest that it has any positive effect on muscle growth.
- ^ Stapleton, PP, L O'Flaherty, HP Redmond, taurine comfortable migraine headache thailand and DJ Bouchier-Hayes (1998). "Host defense--a role for the amino acid taurine energy drink taurine?". Journal of Parenteral taurine for muscles and Enteral Nutrition 22 (1): 42–48. Retrieved on 2006-08-19.
- ^ Weiss, Stephen J., Roger Klein, taurine for neurology Adam Slivka, and Maria Wei (1982). "Chlorination of taurine negative effects in dogs Taurine by Human Neutrophils". Journal of Clinical Investigation 70 (3): 598–607. Retrieved on 2006-08-19.
- ^ Kirk, Kiaran, and taurine synthesis Julie Kirk (1993). "Volume-regulatory taurine release from a human lung cancer cell 500 mg taurine line". FEBS Letters 336 (1): 153–158. DOI:doi:10.1016/0014-5793(93)81630-I.
- ^ Carey, Francis A.  (2006). Organic Chemistry, 6th ed., New York: McGraw Hill, 1149. ISBN can you tell me about the amino acid taurine 0-07-282837-4. “Amino acids cat food high in taurine are carboxylic acids that contain an amine function.”
- ^ Lahdesmaki, P cats taurine supplement (1987). "Biosynthesis of taurine peptides in brain cytoplasmic fraction in vitro.". Int J country life taurine Neuroscience 37 (1-2): 79–84.
- ^ Militante, J. D., J. B. Lombardini (November 2002). "Treatment of hypertension with oral taurine: experimental energy taurine and clinical studies". Amino Acids 23 (4): 381–393. DOI:10.1007/s00726-002-0212-0. Retrieved on 2006-08-22.
- ^ Birdsall, facts on taurine Timothy C.. Therapeutic Applications fish oil taurine supplement of Taurine. Retrieved on 2006-08-22.
- ^ Currently taurine is being tested as an anti-manic treatment for bipolar depression. Tsuboyama-Kasaoka, foods with taurine Nobuyo, Chikako Shozawa, Kayo Sano, Yasutomi Kamei, Seiichi Kasaoka, Yu Hosokawa how is taurine made and Osamu Ezaki (2006). "Taurine (2-Aminoethanesulfonic Acid) Deficiency Creates a Vicious Circle how much taurine is good for cats Promoting Obesity". Endocrinology 147 (7): hypertension taurine treatment 3276–3284. DOI:10.1210/en.2005-1007. Retrieved on 2006-08-22.
- ^ Taurine And Its Importance In Cat Foods. Iams Cat info on amino acid taurine for heart problems Nutrition Library (2004). Retrieved on 2006-08-22.
- ^ Nutrient l taurine as a diuretic Requirements of Cats. Nutrient Requirements of Cats, Revised Edition, 1986 (1986). Retrieved l taurine vs. taurine on 2006-09-10.
- ^ Laidlaw S, Shultz T, Cecchino J, Kopple J (1988) "Plasma and urine taurine levels in vegans." American Journal liver and taurine of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 47, source for dim and taurine and methionine pp. 660-663.
- BBC report on synthetic taurine possible uses of taurine and alcohol damage - 2005
- Taurine Information By David Tolson
- Link page sythetic taurine production to external chemical sources.
Categories: Articles with unsourced statements | Amines | Sulfonic acids
- what is taurine